Monday, October 26, 2009

Julie Child's Boeuf Bourguignon

By now you have probably seen the wonderful movie, Julie and Julia. If you haven't you have got to see it. One suggestion, don't go on an empty stomach and don't eat a hot dog in the theater as you are watching this movie.

I loved learning more about Julia Child. How she got her start in cooking, her wonderfully romantic relationship with her husband and how she loved food and Paris.

In the movie they make Julia Child's Boeuf Bourguignon. It just looks absolutly delicious in the movie I couldn't wait to try it. My husband has been telling me he was going to make this dish for me for years. Really, years. After taking him to see the movie my husband started thinking about Boeuf Bourguignon again.

My wonderful husband made me Julia Child's Boeuf Bourguignon. It happen to be his birthday dinner. (yes he made his own birthday dinner. I'm a horrible wife) It was so delicious. I just can't describe it. I'm not a writer, I'm a photographer. So, the best way I know how...here is my description of this wonderful dish.



I highly recommend you make this dish. If you don't have the book, get it or borrow it!

No comments: