Wednesday, October 07, 2009

Tuna Salad

This recipe brings many fond memories to mind. When my husband and I were first married we would visit our good friends in South Pasadena. Almost every visit TC would make this wonderful salad for us. Now when I make this salad I think of all the wonderful visits we had in South Pas.

We still see our wonderful friends, M & TC (who is a BMCC member, BTW), but they are no longer in South Pas.

Now when we visit with M and TC there are four little girls playing together. So many new memories we have and continue to make with them. All around food. Our visits have always and continue to be around wonderful meals.

Thank you TC and M for all those wonderful South Pas visits, and thank you for all the wonderful recipes you have given us over the years. This is one of many.

I made this salad yesterday for a school fundraiser meeting. It was such a hit I had to add it to the blog. I can't believe I hadn't added it before! I also made Harvest Cobb Salad and served a wonderful french bread along with it. It would also be nice for a light dinner.

Tuna Salad

2 cans (6 1/8 oz ea) Solid White Tuna
1 rib Celery, finely diced
1/3 cup peeled & finely diced red onion
2 tablespoons, dill pickle relish
1 hard cooked egg, peeled & coarsely grated or chopped
pepper
1/2 teaspoon dried dill weed
about 1/2 cup mayonnaise

Gently flake tuna with a fork with out mashing. Mix remaining ingredients except mayonnaise and toss togther. Add just enough mayonnaise to moisten blend well.

Makes 2 large salads, 3-4 small salads or 4 sandwiches

ENJOY!

Sorry there is not picture. I thought for sure the recipe was on the blog already. I'll try and make it again soon and take a picture before it's all gone.

No comments: