Monday, September 13, 2010

Homemade Granola

This past Summer we took a wonderful road trip. We stayed with family and friends along our two week adventure. One of the many benefits to staying with family and friends is the delicious meals they make. I must say we are blessed to have family and friends who are great in the kitchen!

One of our new family favorites is from our road trip, Maple-Nut Granola! Every time I make it I think of our wonderful friends (family really) who made it for us, our visit, and our road trip. I love how food keeps memories close to our hearts.

Maple-Nut Granola is wonderful for breakfast or a light lunch with Greek Yogurt and fruit. I also just like it with milk. My husband and daughters can't get enough. Good thing it only takes about 35 minutes to make (from start to finish).

Also try adding 1/4 cup dried blueberries and 1/4 cup raisins. Fresh blueberries are good too. Mmmm

No comments: