Thursday, June 05, 2008

Dream Dinners are a Dream

I have not posted on this blog in so long. I'm so sorry. If anyone even reads this anymore. It's great to just look up recipes.

I have a friend who had told me about Dream Dinners about a year ago. I never got around to going. I did find one very close to me and was interested in trying it, but just never made the time. Lately, I haven't even been planning my weekly dinner menus. It's been horrible. I'm hoping to get back to that this Summer.

Anyway, I finally went to Dream Dinners and made about 10 meals. Well, 9 dinners and 1 dessert. We love them! The dinners are great. The girls have loved them and talk about easy! Oh my gosh! If you haven't heard of one of these places (there are several different companies - all the same idea) they're great. Look one up!

Basically what you do is go in or online and register for the meals you want to make. They usually will have some type of minimum they want you to purchase. For example I had to order at least 36 servings. Some meals are 3 servings some are 6 servings.

You go to the store at your scheduled day and time. Everything has been prepped and cut for you. All you do is follow the receipt and drop the ingredients in the zip-lock bags. The employees come around and clean up after you, help answer any questions and refill ingredients. Once you have a meal bagged up you put it on your shelf in the refrigerator. When you're done an employee will tell you "Go ahead and have some coffee and try our sample. I'll get all your meals into your cooler bag for you. Let me know when you are ready and I'll take it out to the car for you." Take it out to the car! Did you read that?! How fun is this?! I loved it!

It took me about an hour total. Including sitting and having my coffee and trying the dessert. YUM, BTW. I'm hooked. I'm ready to go back and make more meals. I still have several in my freezer, but when I'm low, I'm going back.

1 comment:

mcmcolospgs said...

I told you you would like it! It seriously is a life saver sometimes, especially when things are particularly hectic. Glad you had a good experience!!