This is a recipe from one of our members. I can't wait to try it. I love pasta salad and this sounds fabulous. Especially, like she says, on a hot summer night. I think I may need to try it in at the lake too! Sounds perfect.
I have made this for years for work potlucks and family functions and I get asked time and again for the recipe - it's hilariously easy and this is really good with some fresh bread on hot summer nights when you don't feel like cooking!
Cook a family size cheese tortellini package (such as Buitoni or
Safeway Select brand) according to package instructions.
In a large bowl, combine the following with the cooked tortellini:
- Slightly less than half a pint of halved cherry or grape tomatoes
- 1 small can sliced black olives (drained)
- 1 can quartered artichoke hearts (NOT the kind in marinade)
- About 1/2 cup or more of cubed mozzarella cheese (fresh mozz if consuming salad within a few hrs of making it, otherwise it falls apart once the dressing soaks in)
- About a cup of steamed and cooled broccoli (steaming in those new Ziplok steamer microwave bags is awesome and a huge time saver)
- Girard's Olde World Italian dressing (to taste - usually about 1/2+ bottle)
I put everything in a large tupperware bowl with a lid, and then give it a good shake. Refrigerate until ready to use. May need to add more dressing if it has been sitting for a bit. The addition of shredded roasted chicken would be good, or diced/cubed salami.