Wednesday, October 08, 2008

Worth Re-Posting


Michael Chiarello's Chicken Bolognese. It's our family favorite - by far! I posted the link to this recipe in 2005, but thought I would re-post it. This time with an image. I've been wanting to add images, but get caught up in making and eating the dinner and forget to take a picture.

Like I said the first time I posted this recipe. It's not a hard dish to make, but it does take time and you need to be at the stove pretty much the entire time. Which can be hard with children who don't let you cook dinner.

My suggestion is to make it on a weekend and get your husband to be your sous chef (to prep everything and your mis en place all set). That takes about 20 to 30 minutes (with no interruptions). Once your husband tastes this pasta dish he'll be happy to be your sous chef anytime you want to make it again. My husband jumps at the chance to get all my mis en place set if I tell him I'm making Chicken Bolognese. (Although he also likes doing it.)

Once your mis en place is set it will take 45 minutes to make the Chicken Bolognese sauce. I've timed it. I've got it down.

All four of us love this pasta dish! The girls even have seconds and thirds. It's so good. It's hard to stop eating it. It's even better the next day!

Tips:
Substitute the ground chicken for ground beef and white wine for red. Now you've got Beef Bolognese. Also good.

I have found packaged ground chicken in the meat department with the other chicken. If your grocery store doesn't have it and you don't have a meat grinder (attachment for Kitchen Aid Mixer), just ask the butcher in your meat department. They should grind some for you.


No comments: