Monday, November 03, 2008

Question Regarding Freezing Casseroles

Can you help one of our members? Here is her question:

I read an article about time management and it mentioned cooking  
two casseroles at once. Then freeze one for a later date. Sounds like  
a good time saver to me!

The question is, what casseroles can you freeze and for how long? I thought it was a good question for the BMCC. All of us are busy :). Sharing recipes that can be made 2 at a time with one frozen for an easy meal later on would be cool!


If you have some ideas regarding freezing casseroles, please leave a comment.

Thank you for sharing!

1 comment:

T said...

Had to share this that a BMCC member emailed me:

I do this all the time. I take a recipe for a 9x 13 casserole and break it into 2 8x8 pans. Then I usually put one in the freezer immediately and cook the other one. The two recipes I can think of off the top of my head are lasagne and then a chicken and wild rice casserole {recipe posted on this blog: http://busymomsculinaryclub.blogspot.com/2006/01/chicken-and-rice-casserole.html}

Even my family with 4 (little) kids and 2 adults doesn't really need more than an 8x8 casserole dish. We just add veggies to finish off the meal.