Tuesday, September 20, 2005

Strata

This is my mother's Strata recipe. She also happens to be a BMCC member. We have always had it for breakfast or brunch, but another BMCC member makes a similiar dish for dinner. Sounds good to me! I LOVE breakfast for dinner!

STRATA

This is a great brunch dish. You can double or halve it easily. It’s my favorite for a large brunch party. It’s also good for dinner with fresh fruit or a salad.

6 to 9 slices bread (I use sliced sour French)
1 pound grated Monterey Jack cheese
10 eggs (beaten)
1 1/2 cups milk
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. pepper
Use 13 x 9 pan. Serves 10 - 12.

Remove crust from bread if you like. I leave it on. Cut each slice into fourths and line bottom of casserole. Spread cheese on top of the bread. Mix together the eggs, milk, salt, and pepper. Pour over bread and cheese. Cover and put in refrigerator overnight.

Next day, take 4 Italian sausages out of their casings and cook meat in a pan. You can use ground beef or bacon or shrimp instead of you like. Put cooked meat on top of casserole. Bake 40 minutes or till set at 350 degrees. Let set 5 minutes before serving.

No comments: