Friday, September 12, 2008

Kauai Chicken

I have two friends who have started "Functional and Fabulous Recipe Friday." I thought I would join in and take this opportunity to add all those recipes from the BMCC emails to the blog. There are so many fabulous recipes the group has shared over the years. I really want them on the blog.

Here is one of the first recipes one of our members shared way back at the beginning in 2003. I've had this dish at her house. It's wonderful. 

Kauai Chicken
An Easy Standby

8 chicken thighs

Sauce:
1/4 cup EACH white and brown sugar
1/3 cup soy sauce
2 Tablespoons Hoisin Sauce
1 minced garlic clove.

Coat thighs in shallow pan with half of sauce mixture, bake uncovered for 25 minutes at 400˚. Turn chicken, and remaining sauce, bake another 15 minutes.

No comments: